Last revised on May 25, 2018
Protecting our customer’s personal information is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, store, share and protect your personal data in compliance with applicable Data Protection legislation, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This Privacy Statement covers the personal information we collect about you when you use our products and/or services, and when you interact with us (for example, by signing up on our website for information about our products and/or services):
- What information we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- How we share the information we collect
- How we protect your information
- How to access and control your information
- Transfers of your information abroad
- Our policy towards children
- How to contact us
What information we collect
It goes without saying, we can't help you develop meaningful connections without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you'd like to meet. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account.
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide to us, such as when you create an account, update your profile, use the interactive features of our services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- Basic account information: When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials (email address), as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your preferred first name, gender, birth date and country.
- Profile information: When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered "special" or "sensitive" in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- Your interactions: When you use our services – essentially when you interact with other users – we record information such as the profiles you visit, block, hide and put in your list of favourites, as well as your chats with other users, as part of the operation of the services.
- Customer support: If you contact our customer support team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
Information collected when you use our services
When you access or use our services, we may also automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage information: We collect log information about how you access or use our services, including your access times, IP address, browser and device type.
- Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies: We may automatically collect information using cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”) and other tracking technologies to, among other things, improve our services and your experience, monitor user activity, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our services. For example, if you create or log into your MyTransgenderCupid.com account through a third-party social networking site (eg Facebook), we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, email address, photos and other account information in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking site.
How we use the information we collect
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your information to help keep you safe. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services (including order management and billing)
To help you connect with other users
- show users' profiles to one another
- analyze your profile and that of other users to recommend meaningful connections
To improve our services and develop new ones
- Conduct research and analysis of users' behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users' behavior)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users)
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users' behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
How we share the information we collect
Since our goal is to help you make meaningful connections, the main sharing of users' information is, of course, with other users. We also share some users' information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
- With other users: You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you're comfortable being publicly viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
- With our service providers and partners: We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, moderation, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations. We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services.
- For corporate transactions: We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- When required by law: We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- To enforce legal rights: We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request: We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, such as device information, general demographics, general behavioral data, geolocation in de-identified form.
How we protect your information
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
How to access and control your information
Accessing or rectifying your information
You can access, update and correct most of your personal information through the "Edit Profile" section. If this is not possible, you can ask us to update your data by contacting our customer support.
You can opt-out of email marketing and notifications using the "Email Notifications" section of the "Account Settings".
You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service. However, even after you delete your account, we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes or to protect member safety. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Object, restrict, or withdraw consent
You may determine whether certain information about you will be visible to others by navigating to the "Privacy" section of the "Account Settings".
In general, you can ask our customer support to restrict or limit the processing of your information at any moment. You may also revoke your consent to processing and ask us to delete your information. However, for your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer these requests.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth.
You can request a portable copy of your information, by contacting our customer support.
Transfers of your information abroad
Our policy towards children
Although we want as many people as possible to enjoy our service, you have to be at least 18 years old to use it.
Our policy is to not market to children, minors or anyone under the age of 18. If you are less than 18 years old, we request that you do not submit information to us. If we become aware that a child, minor or anyone under the age of 18 has registered with us and provided us with personal information, we will take steps to terminate that person's registration and delete their information from MyTransgenderCupid.com. If we do delete a profile because you violated our no children rules, we may retain your email and IP address to ensure that you do not try to get around our rules by creating a new profile.
Because we're always looking for new and innovative ways to help you build meaningful connections, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.
How to contact us
Questions or concerns regarding our compliance with this Policy may be directed to the Privacy Officer, please use the contact page to send your concern.
Online: Contact Form
info (ad ) MyTransgenderCupid.com